Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I wanted to share this project headed up by Evan Winnett of Fly Fishing Collaborative. Evan had asked me last year what I thought would be a good project for tyers to collaborate on: "A framed set of Glasso flies or a framed set of dry flies?". I have always thought wetflies are prettier than dries, but nothing beats the excitement of seeing a fish break the surface to attack a dryfly. So I said "Dry fly frame....hands down".

Evan and I reached out to a few tyers we know and you have the result below:

Some of the tyers are part of and have been part of Speypages in the past. The image of our friend Mark Stangeland waking a dry was photographed and donated by Jonathan Barlow. I wish to name all the tyers that donated but I will forget someone for sure.

Each tyer tied 2 of the same pattern (1 fly displayed on the frame) and the other fly goes to a Wheatley box for fishing.

The whole set (the frame and boxed fishing flies) will include a Roderick Haig-Brown book and a fine Spirit: available for auction at the Fly Fishing Collaborative Annual Banquet and Auction.

I thought this piece turned out amazing. Thanks to all the good souls that worked on this. All proceeds go to help children in the fight against sex-trafficking.

Cheers and Blessings,
Adrian

·
Undertaker
1,339 Posts
You are right, wet flies are more attractive, but when I look at a fly, it isn't just the fly I see. I see the grab. There, in the grab, dries beat wets hands down. Lovely offering for a great cause.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Most impressive!!!

Reactions: fshnazn
1 - 15 of 15 Posts