Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been interested in other peoples fly boxes. What someone else uses and what they catch fish on. So I thought it would be interesting to see some pictures of your fly boxes. When you get a chance shoot some pictures and post them up. Below are some of mine. I will have to take some shots of some other ones I have but I figured this is a start.

This is a shot of one of the leafs in my “Extras” box. I wanted to put this one together so I don’t have to tie on a trip. Still working on filling this one up.

A shot of one of my fishing boxes taken up on the Gaspe.

This is a shot of one of my buddy’s boxes (not mine). I thought it was a cool picture so I included it.

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Great idea Charlie,, and great boxes!!
Here is a pic of a couple early season boxes of mine
Salmon Chaser

·
Administrator
20,045 Posts
Wow :eek: Nice display of offerings guys !!!

Here are two of my boxes that have been picked over pretty good so far this season . I've been tying just to keep up with losses .... but I'll be hitting the vise hard in a couple weeks to start replacing and re-filling .

Mike

·
Registered
429 Posts
Nice, Gents!

A couple life-time's worth of beautie's in the shack, Charlie.

Hedefluen- Cool tie in your Avtar:Eyecrazy:. Looks deadly. Pattern/recepie, please?

EF

·
Registered
42 Posts
NB Rob,

I was curious what make/model box that your bombers are in there. I've been looking for something just like that. Looks like the ideal box for those types of flies.

·
Forever Learning
1,667 Posts
Can i drool here?

Awesome stuff there, guys, everyone!

Rob

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Guys who have neat, organized fly boxes ....

scare me! Most of mine look like 'chaos on steroids.':eek:

·
Registered
943 Posts
I think that has to do with the 6 month fishing season here. 6 months is a long time to be staring at a fly box daydreaming.

My boxes look a bit rough a few weeks in.

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,376 Posts
NB Rob has it right,

The long winter gives you time to purge your boxes and wallets. I end up with selections of used flies in some wallets and boxes and all new in others. The challenge is to use all the new ones................

·
Registered
943 Posts
NB Rob,

I was curious what make/model box that your bombers are in there. I've been looking for something just like that. Looks like the ideal box for those types of flies.
Sorry Chiasson, I missed your post before.

The box is a "Perrine", There is also a "#98" stamped on both sides.

The green plastic inserts are ideal for bombers. I've been using this box constantly for 8 years, and the plastic tabs have never broke or become loose. Really sweet box.

closeup of the plastic inserts:

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,376 Posts
2010 Fly Boxes;

I have been thinking on taking pictures of these before they get chewed up so here is the winters work ready for this next week.

New Box, Christmas of 2008 gotta love that woman of mine..........

Old Box with a bunch of new Tennant's;

Oldest Box with the weighted stuff for bottom work;

Then there are the boxes under the tying bench, :Eyecrazy: and the bags with all the ripped and chewed that I keep saying I'm gonna strip and re-tie the hooks, and the..............:whoa:

Ard

·
Addicted and Avid
583 Posts
scare me! Most of mine look like 'chaos on steroids.':eek:
Chaos on Steroids!! What great mental imagery! Accurately descriptive of a GL nympher's winter box with all sorts of brightly colored glo and estaz bugs, electric blue stone fly nymphs and chartreuse everything.

Also a great name for a heavy metal band.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Thanks for that.

How's the Miramichi treatin ya this year?
Any day now the grilse should be coming in. The water has been crystal clear since opening day this year, which has been awesome. I've managed to hook a couple early in the season, and I just missed the seatrout, although they're still in pocket water is you an find them.

I'm anxious to see the numbers in a couple more weeks!

FGSIII, Ard, amazing boxes!!! :Eyecrazy: There's nothing like a full wheatley box to stimulate daydreaming

1 - 20 of 59 Posts