Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me any good pattern for dolly. especially olive and or chartreuse color bodied intruder I would like to put on spey or #7 weight rod
thanks for your help:Eyecrazy: ::

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
The Reel Deal said:
Please tell me any good pattern for dolly. especially olive and or chartreuse color bodied intruder I would like to put on spey or #7 weight rod
thanks for your help:Eyecrazy: ::
I am by no means a dolly expert, but since nobody else is answering... depending on time of year, egg flies, flesh flies, or anything suggestive of a little fishy. I haven't targeted them myself as they aren't that numerous in my waters and I think they are cool and fit in just fine, but I've seen these flies work. I must say that my dolly numbers, low as they were, went up when I started using more baitfish profiled, long wing flies, even in non-typical dolly water.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Flesh Flies and egg patterns during the salmon spawn. Articulated flesh flies work really well for me.
When the salmon spawn is done, I will use a sculpin or other baitfish to mimic whitefish or salmon smolt.
They will hit steelhead flies as well. Dont be affraid to swing something purple or blue.
Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts