Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sheepishly posting...a bit strange to start a thread after having been absent for quite a while. A feeling akin to that old childhood buddy who you haven't spoken to for so many years and a shroud of guilt hangs over you for your lack of interaction...

...but as old friends go, once you make contact, you realize that there was nothing to be ashamed about. In all honesty, I've been just too lazy to log in on here...and when I did, I was doing it on a work computer. But that has got to change, and what better way to get the juices flowing but through a noble request from the Fly Fishing Collaborative crew seeking collaboration from the Spey Pages tyers.

It was not too long ago that the Spey Pages community rallied together and built flies for Fly Fishing Collaborative's leather fly wallets to raise funds for building tilapia farms for orphanages. This past September, FFC sent a crew to Thailand with the help of our fly tying collaboration and built a self-sustaining tilapia farm to support an orphanage in need.

So flies donated like this:
(Whiskeyjin flees)

Helped FFC put up this:

to bring smiles like this:

I'd say that's pretty rad. Fly Fishing Collaborative is seeking our collaboration again to fill their leather fly wallets with classic style flies for the upcoming holiday season. Not surprisingly, the classics donated to FFC are dwindling as the fly-filled wallets have been purchased. If a few in this remarkable Spey Pages community can find the time to whip up some flies for FFC it would be graciously appreciated by their crew.

I'm gonna try to tie some up, but admittedly, I am not a production tyer. But here's a start: (Some wonderful souls have gifted me really neat tying materials from feathers to hooks, and how can I not use the kindness presented to me by not paying it forward)

So if you want to help collaborate by flytying for a worthy cause please email David or Bucky via the following link :

h t t p://flyfishingcollaborative.org/give/

(By the way, I got wind that the latest FFC video is in the making that includes leeches, blue mahseers, and creepy tropical jungle oddities...not my bag , but I surely can enjoy a film of that stuff)

Cheers!
Adrian

·
Registered
371 Posts
Any post of yours which states "picture heavy" is a must look!

Those 3 flies on the rock in the first picture are outstanding...Jin...I just don't know how you do it. Excellent post bro, great project and congrats on it coming together! CJ

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Good stuff Adrian. I'll be contributing again this year, but it will take me a bit o time to get my flies in order, I've got a lot of tying ahead of me ATM.

·
Spey Fool
93 Posts
Already working on more Dees and Speys for the FFC.

I got me one of their nifty leather wallets for myself but its not full of flies from the masters of Speypages, just my own efforts. Still a cool item none the less - I can hit the river and get skunked in style.

Mister X

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man, the responses here have already stoked my fire. You fellows are quite the cream of the crop.

Beauly, "your own donation"?!!!. What are the odds?!! Give those FFC guys a heads-up, they might switch 'em out for you. Although, your dees and speys were top dawgs with their swank fibers...I'm sure you wouldn't mind keeping those for this winter.

I'm gonna go fishing and check back in tomorrow...you guys have big hearts.

A certain river has got my number this year,
Adrian

·
Undertaker
1,408 Posts
I wanna play too

Adrian - do they have to be "classics"? My skills tying fancy feather-winged flies is nil - but I could tie a bunch of hairwings if you and FFC thought they would sell.

What you fishing for now? Coho?

·
Spey Fool
93 Posts
... "your own donation"?!!!. What are the odds?!! Give those FFC guys a heads-up, they might switch 'em out for you. ...
Adrian,

Excuse my poorly constructed sentence. I meant to say that I bought an empty wallet and had to fill it with my own flies - couldn't afford a wallet stuffed with flies from the speypage meisters.

Have fun on that river. Mine is just a tad blown out at the moment.

Tim

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,169 Posts
It's been a long time since my Abercrombe & Fitch days, but I'll give it a lash.

Deadline for donations?

Any make and model?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts