Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A good friend of mine has just retired and bought a home in Vernon, BC. He's a golfer and a skier and is mustard keen to get back into fishing, having done nothing since he was a young 'n, (long time ago!) He keeps driving past all the lakes and rivers out there and the urge is returning. I've told him that learning to spey cast is something he NEEDS to do before he gets completely past it, :hihi: and that if he takes up float fishing i'll beat him up on the golf course even worse than I do already. :)

Are any of you guys ( Dana, Kush? ) in that area (within a couple of hours drive, I know its a big place!). He's a good guy and is really keen to get out there. If not can you recommend someone to get him started.

Really appreciate any help on this

Regards,

Sam

·
Registered
320 Posts
I`m in Kamloops , which is about an hour away . He won`t be too far from the Thompson , and there are plenty of good lakes in the Vernon area . I will pm you with the name of a non-sponsor shop that sells Spey , and all other types of tackle , once I find their card .

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Sam,

Yes, Dana and I are a fair bit away from Vernon (5-6 hrs), but it looks like Clave members will step up with some help.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Vernon speycaster

Hi Sam,
Just got back from 5 weeks in Vernon, i have a buddy that used to work and fish on the Spey with me, i could speak to him , he is more than able to teach your buddy as he has been speycasting for years and fishes around Vernon and on the Thompson at weekends.
Let me know if this is of any help.
Cheers Gordon (speyghillie) :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Vernon FFishers

There is?was? a group of guys that met each week & tied flies while enjoyng a brew or two. They used to meet above the Legion Hall. Your budyy should try to connect with them via a local FFishing supply store. Lots of good buddies to meet and fish with in the great many lakes around Vernon.

·
Registered
320 Posts
FrenchCreek said:
There is?was? a group of guys that met each week & tied flies while enjoyng a brew or two. They used to meet above the Legion Hall.
Kalamalka Fly Fishers ??

·
Registered
200 Posts
Your best bet may be to check the FishBC site. There are several guys from the Vernon area that post regularly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

To everyone who has offered help on this. Got plenty to go on now so hopefully another convert will be casting a line soon.

Thanks again,

Sam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts