Spey Pages banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Very nice results indeed, were these on the swing primarily or stripping?
Also what about those big brownies their which I have heard of? Do you fish the little river much? Love that rivery first michigan spring steel trip in 1980. Was a eastern trout fisher who did not know what they were doing for steel and the learning curve started

Best

DS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SHUT UP & FISH!
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice results indeed, were these on the swing primarily or stripping?
Also what about those big brownies their which I have heard of? Do you fish the little river much? Love that rivery first michigan spring steel trip in 1980. Was a eastern trout fisher who did not know what they were doing for steel and the learning curve started

Best

DS

those were all on the swing.

I used the single hard in early may because there was lots of people still so I had to hole jump.
also the water was high. the line I was using was a courtland 9wt steelhead salmon w/ a 20ft extra fast sinking tip.
I also throw a 300gr 24ft tip early to strip streamers & sometimes swing in really heavy waters.
then I bought that redington dually.
I used to have a RS4 but it was way to heavy for steelhead.
anyways I broke the dually on the first fish caught. that old boot.
it was my fault I lifted the rod straight up trying to tail the fish instead of moving upstream to the beach.
so we come to my TFO sh/switch rod. had to use that until the dually came back
I hate that TFO switch. again to stiff & heavy.

as for the big browns I spent 8 or 9 yrs casting streamers that would choke a northern.
I released several trophies but the fishing is very demanding.

I don't fish any little rivers much at all.
the little & the betsie are to crowded for me.
some of the worst fishing ethics I have ever seen were on the betsie.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yep stripping the big streamers is demanding. But it's fun, I fish a lot sculpin patterns for all species. Never fished the bestie but that is what I have heard.
DS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts