Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visually identified holding in one, and missed on back to back rises to surface tactics on the other... Break out those floaters guys! Having one risen in 5 trips in June is one whole heck of alot better than last year for me!

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Phil,

Got to love that S river you are speaking about. Once upon a time it was the premier summer steelhead river in the sound. And I agree, it is defintely floating line time.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
B-B-But it's only June!

I was out Friday, fishing further west, on rivers that do not start with "S", but I digress. It rained hard Thursday night, and I was encouraged by the slight rise in the river levels, 350 to 450 cfs overnight - not bad! But the water was still clear, and the chrome bullets were spooky as can be. Threw the kitchen sink, but didn't even pause to wake a dry fly over 'em. Drats! May need to return to the scene.

On the other hand, I'll be up in the "S" direction late next week. Maybe revisit some old haunts.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
fished the "S" river this morning and had nary a tug.

Just another dude on the water and his dog playing rock throwing games from the top of the run to the bottom.

Vinnie

·
Registered
630 Posts
Confirmed!!! Put the tips back on the shelf its time for some easy fishin again. I love summer!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts