Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I appreciate all the advice from the veteran tiers who helped me understand what tubes are all about... still have alot to learn.

This is a just a a variation of the sandy river prawn. Thanks to marty for his step by step sequences... for some reason his pattern just looks ten times better :hihi:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
they look great! true test will be how them look in the water. recently I tested some great tubes I thought I had and saw they had no movement in the water.

I don't think that will be a problem in your case. It will be more a question of how collapsed the fly looks in the water. Did you prop the marabou up from behind with some stiffer/broader material?

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
Those will catch fish anywhere!

In fact, send me 2 dozen, and I'll send you pics to prove it.:hihi:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks wrx... yea i dipped this puppy in the sink last night and I loved the shape! The first plume of marabou has nothing to splay it but the second plume (blue) has a cone behind it which splays the artic fox which helps the marabou not to collapse. Not my idea but a good one

·
Swarner's Flies
1,400 Posts
They look awesome!! Pretty soon you'll wonder......where did all my tubes go?.......they can be addicting to tie on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts