Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the oportunity to take my daughter out to give her new 11ft 2wt a try out this weekend. She had a hookup and a great time. I'm lucky to have a daughter that likes the water.

Here is a picture of her on the water right before hooking up and also a quick picture of the rod. Mint green is her favorite color. She picked the components and I made the rod over the last couple of months.

DSCF0509.jpeg

·
newcomer to spey casting
217 Posts
Beautiful rod. I'm sure it was a blast to break in on a fish. What blank is that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice !! Give us a little background on your rod build and how it casts. Great to see you are on the water with your daughter!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I love the comparison of that image versus the one in your profile photo. Still rocking the pink, just a few feet taller!

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,130 Posts
I'm lucky to have a daughter that likes the water.
You are indeed!

My son did too, but unfortunately now has to earn a living! Ouch!:frown2:

·
Administrator
18,151 Posts
Not sure how I missed this post ....

Love seeing our children out on the water with us ... you're a great dad !!
Very nice rod build and really like the personal touch, she must be elated that you would build her a custom rod to enjoy on the water with you !!

Congratulations, you've made it to both "Hero and Rock-star" status with her !! Well done :):)
My Celeste also loves all shades of "Green" ... however Mint Green is her favorite too:

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts