Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight will be my first fly-fishing trip of the season. I also hope to bag my first Spey Rod Striper too.
Wish me luck! :)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Bigstriper--I hope you caught several.

Caught my first striper ever on a spey rod [actually first on a fly rod] two weeks ago in the American River, Sacramento, while practice casting Mr. Cook's steelhead prawn flies. Seems that striper couldn't resists a 6 inch prawn--maybe took it for a shad?

Not sure if I or the striper was more surprised. What a fighter! Now I understand the striper passion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got to the Honey-hole too late to effectively use the Spey rod. I had to switch to the Spinner to avoid the dreaded "Skunk". I did squeeze out a hi 30" Striper.:hehe:

Maybe this weekend!

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Where are you located? I am trying to schedule a spey casting clinic in the Cape / New England area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi! I was fishing at the Cape Cod Canal. I took a week off of work and went up there to fish. I did catch a fair amount of Stripers on the Spey rod. The fish weren't really feeding on top and close to shore like they do in the Fall, but I caught enough to convince me that the Spey rod is the way to go on the canal.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts