Spey Pages banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Beulah Vision Sage
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was only a matter of time before this mainlander lucked into a salmon. After moving to the east coast this passed winter, all of my free time has been dedicated to trying to understand these fish. After bad luck in terms of weather and work I was finally able to fish the margaree at close to normal flows. Although it is really a fish I knew very little about (other then the dumb stockers we have in the Great Lakes) I was feeling incredibly confident with the gear I am using this first silver season. The Beulah aerohead should truelly be everyone’s first choice when it comes to an Atlantic salmon spey line that can do a little of everything… really well I might add. Paired with the 7129 onyx that is definitely the jewel of my collection; I was able to pull it all together on my first real Atlantic salmon. The fly a tiny green glitter that was laughed at by my New Brunswick friends when it was tied a couple weeks ago. The shear power of these animals was on display as a gaggle of float tubes happened through the pool as I hooked up, as well a couple taking pictures from the road above cheering me on as the old hardy sang and my fish cleared water countless times feet away from the tubers.
All in all, smile from ear to ear. This is my new home, and I can hardly believe it. Here’s to the first of many. Vertebrate Natural environment Body of water Water Fin

Attachments

·
Registered
Beulah Burkheimer Meiser
2,369 Posts
Nice fish!! Don't worry about what your friends say about the fly. If you are going to get one its going to be on a fly just like that.

·
Registered
Meiser, Sage, Beulah, Hardy, Lamson
359 Posts
Have honestly yet to hear it used locally. But I have heard it over the years-primarily online.
Unfortunately very Great-Lakes-ish term where there are a few species about. Not a bad thing that you haven't heard it locally. That, simply, is a Salmon. Nobody will be confused on the east coast :)

·
Registered
Sage, Redington, Hardy, G. Loomis
224 Posts
Well it was only a matter of time before this mainlander lucked into a salmon. After moving to the east coast this passed winter, all of my free time has been dedicated to trying to understand these fish. After bad luck in terms of weather and work I was finally able to fish the margaree at close to normal flows. Although it is really a fish I knew very little about (other then the dumb stockers we have in the Great Lakes) I was feeling incredibly confident with the gear I am using this first silver season. The Beulah aerohead should truelly be everyone’s first choice when it comes to an Atlantic salmon spey line that can do a little of everything… really well I might add. Paired with the 7129 onyx that is definitely the jewel of my collection; I was able to pull it all together on my first real Atlantic salmon. The fly a tiny green glitter that was laughed at by my New Brunswick friends when it was tied a couple weeks ago. The shear power of these animals was on display as a gaggle of float tubes happened through the pool as I hooked up, as well a couple taking pictures from the road above cheering me on as the old hardy sang and my fish cleared water countless times feet away from the tubers.
All in all, smile from ear to ear. This is my new home, and I can hardly believe it. Here’s to the first of many. View attachment 401706
Beauty

1 - 15 of 15 Posts