Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been too long since I've attempted these...here's a quick and dirty to flex the vice...
Promise more promising ones to come...

Best of the season to you all...

·
Administrator
18,146 Posts
That is a great rendition of the Black Dog ... nicely done lad !!
I like the blue guinea collar and the sides of wood duck :smokin:
Beauty contrast in the wing and you found a nice flow with the profile ... sweet !!

Really nice to see your work again :)

Mike

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Nice man,

May i recommend a slight shaping of that topping you choose? One can get quite the affect by simply modifying that topping to fit the hook and wing shape a bit better.

Great fly though, really sparkles.

·
Banned
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice warm up Chase. Been following this over at the other place and this should be good. Cheers
You on "that other place?"

Thanks guys...the razor is now dull and I can move ahead with your recommendations...4/0 blinds have landed so instead of screwing with the #2 I can now get that canary tied on...

·
Banned
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had forgotten that the sudden desire to open a vein is directly proportionate to the inability (by average tiers like myself) to marry amherst to goose...

:roll:

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'd rather perform a vasectomy on myself than to try to marry amherst to anything!!! I think some of these guys are using super glue or something.

Great fly you tied however!

Before you take a razor to a beauty like that, (the fly, that is), put it away for a bit, then view it. Sometimes they don't look too bad after a little resting period away from what you first wanted to see!

-Bill

·
Registered
634 Posts
Your jumping the gun a little. He's talking Amherst, not golden. Compared to golden, Amherst is an ideal material.

But thanks for the reminder, I need to track down some amgold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts