Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Spey Hack
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to post anything other than buy/sell so it’s time to start sharing! I am very new to speys and dees. The ackroyd-ish dee was my second attempt at a dee and the floss bodied was my third. The wing set is getting easier and I’m hoping to get the look I’m going for on my next attempt. The bronze mallard and wood duck were both locally harvested. Please feel free to critique.

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
Beginner? Really?

Those very sweet for just getting into this, you have talent. Really like the set of flies.

Thanks for sharing.

KC

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
Those are really nice, I especially like the first one. I too just added to my BM inventory with locally harvested quackers (but of the migratory size). Keep sharing!

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,717 Posts
Beginning to post maybe

Great work

Keep em coming

·
Spey Hack
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will certainly be posting more. I should have been more clear, these are certainly not my first flies ever. Just my first in the Spey and Dee styles. I have plenty of trout and musky flies under my belt. I spend hours and hours drooling over other peoples spey and dee flies so it really speeds up the learning curve. You cant tie a good looking fly if you dont know what a good looking fly looks like!

·
Administrator
19,097 Posts
Very solid work :smokin:
Love the first spey and the GP's for sure .
Your Dees are coming along nicely . Just remember that Dees are long and thin and sparse . You've done well .
The wings will come and the most important part is not to cross and equal balance between both slips .

Keep tying , I enjoy viewing your work :)

Mike

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
Welcome and outstanding work. I think you might just fit in around here. The feather wings rock.....

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Wow...terrific work! I'm going to have to "borrow" those orange and brown shrimpy looking ones.

·
Spey Hack
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, thanks everyone. Im headed home for the weekend but when I get back I'm certainly going to keep the ball rolling. Flies on the agenda include the white wing akroyd, skagit mist, green butt skunk spey with a white goose shoulder wing, and more mahoney spey flies in as many colors as possible. Ive never swung one but it is the perfect mix of simplicity and fishiness. I need to save money for more chinese necks and as much lagartun tinsels as a I can afford. Those patterns also hinge on me acquiring some white turkey tail, long white goose shoulder, or swan in the near future. Any takers on that? haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts