Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To swing or not to swing? This is my first attempt at a Dee. Patterned after a spey I tied and landed fish on a few years back. Biggest change is the spey had tragopan for a throat.. And I don't have any good feathers of the length I wanted for this. Any critices are welcome. I Know it has a few issues.

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,694 Posts
Main Issue

Can not see it

:)

To swing or not to swing? This is my first attempt at a Dee. Patterned after a spey I tied and landed fish on a few years back. Biggest change is the spey had tragopan for a throat.. And I don't have any good feathers of the length I wanted for this. Any critices are welcome. I Know it has a few issues.

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,160 Posts
I like that!

That's your first one? really?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Good job I realy like the wing, I rust recently became addicted to Dee's myself and say yes fish'em they work. My very first Dee!

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,089 Posts
Most excellent Dee !! Nicely done :smokin:
I say swing it and hold on.
Beautiful fish guys, well done !!

Mike

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Lovely example of a Dee

Hope she fishes well!

Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys... Got a chance to swing it today but the water was up and clarity wasn't good at all... But damn it looks sexy as **** in the water!

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
Nothing like fishing the classics. Well done for a first attempt at a Dee, looks like you have been tying them for years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts