Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been tying for a couple of months now and after spending some time in this forum I decided I had to take my first step into tying classics. I'm not sure if this can be classified as a classic or not, especially considering the material substitutions I was forced to make, but here she is. It isn't exactly a walk in the park procuring materials here in NE Ohio but hopefully after a few more tries I'll be able to tie something fishable. I hope none of you take offense at this attempt, I just basically wanted to show thanks for all the inspiration you folks have given me!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello PRG. none takin. As long as you keep trying and getting the stuff you need it will work out. It took me alot of years to get mine. You can try feathersmc.com and get some of the things you need. and here's one more aofeathers.com. have a look at these sites.

Best Regards, Ken

·
Undertaker
1,326 Posts
Been tying a couple of months?

Dude, for having just a couple of months at the vise under your belt, your work is excellent. That's a darn fine fly, fish it with confidence and let it swing until it dangles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gents. Oldbear, those sites will for sure fill in the gaps for the materials my local shops are missing. Now I just need to figure out why my picture is so blurry. Here is fly no. 2 to see if it was just something wrong with the first pic.

Attachments

T

·
0 Posts
First

Nothing wrong with your first attempt
going to be Dangerous in a few years; keep at it

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I don't even have a local shop yet obtain the materials I need, the internet is your friend. HOWEVER if you have the money for it order from Ostoj or McClain because you can guarantee the quality is there, if not you will waste a lot of time and effort with CRAP materials. If you want to tie classics buy the best you can not the most you can. Other than that you are off to a great start and way ahead of the curve! Keep posting and asking questions, we are all here to help.
-josh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts