Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing nice about the strong pink runs every other year is that it affords a chance for novice young fishermen to have a positive experience when their casting may be less that perfect as they begin speycasting.

Today my daughter fair-hooked and released her first salmon with a spey rod. You can see in this picture it will be an experience not soon forgotten.

http://flashnet.to/flyfishing/photos/firstfish.jpg

dave

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Congratulations! The look of joy on her face tells it all, nice job Dad!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
peter-s-c said:
Wait till she starts needing one spey rod for pinks, another for coho, another for summer runs . . . . ;)
I was thinking about taking her to Aaron's speyclave in Carnation next weekend, but you're right, she probably find a rod that she really likes and will expect you know who to buy it. :)

dave

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Dave, "do it."

Aaron know the 'where of' of spey casting. A very cool guy; and a great hand with a 2 hander.

But, be warned!!:devil: spey rods are an emotional sickness ... I've got 12 or 13 rods that I can remember. Maybe more? Things Joan doesn't need to know.
:D

fae

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Hey Fred...

But, be warned!! spey rods are an emotional sickness ... I've got 12 or 13 rods that I can remember. Maybe more? Things Joan doesn't need to know.
Yes, your spey rod sickness is terminal. How do you know Joan isn't a member of the "forum" and reads all your posts about what Joan doesn't need to know?:hehe:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts