Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And first Carron. Probably pushing the envelope on moving the body away from the hook point. And with all that shank, still managed to crowd the head enough to prevent a nice Gadwall collar!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Wow what a wing set!!!! With a killer profile like that I could care less about a collar. Stunning!!!!!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Looks amazing.

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
brilliant. serious tying skills there.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much for the generous comments. I'm in awe of what I see on this board from you guys, so it's a scary proposition putting anything up.

Oh that is vintage
Did you photoshop the wings on? or just magic dust?
In order, it took: 1) cursing the bad position I'd left myself in w/ the counter-rib coming out on top of crowded head; 2) putting on then taking off collar and ditching a terrible wingset (more cursing); 3) bourbon; 4) another bourbon, etc...

Screams class ..nice skills ..ur kung fu is strong
What is the hackle?
D
Hackle is BEP that I dyed yesterday. Probably could have left it in the bath a little longer. Thanks again for the kind words.

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
But it's that superglued BEP, ain't it? Secret's out...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
This really is a nice spey! Great wings, body, ribbing, etc. I like it a lot! If you are planning to fish it I would consider leaving all the barbs on the top of the fly (looks plucked?) It looks better the way you've done cosmetically but some hackle under the wing helps it swing true. All that said you probably did good enough with leaving enough iron out the back to keel it properly, only way to know is get that baby on the water right away!! Post more please

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This really is a nice spey! Great wings, body, ribbing, etc. I like it a lot! If you are planning to fish it I would consider leaving all the barbs on the top of the fly (looks plucked?) It looks better the way you've done cosmetically but some hackle under the wing helps it swing true. All that said you probably did good enough with leaving enough iron out the back to keel it properly, only way to know is get that baby on the water right away!! Post more please
Yes, trimmed the very top barbs (it looks like more, I know) so that the wings would settle, but that's good advice--much appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts