Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I am brand new to Spey, Skagit & Scandi casting so the questions will be elementary to many of you.

A few years ago the FFF provided clubs free rod blanks if they conducted a rod building class, having built all the trout rods I wanted I thought 'hey' here is a way to get a Spey rod at a reasonable cost - probably a mistake - oh well.

So I built a 15 ft, 10 wt, 3 piece Spey Rod, the FFF informs me that most of the rod blanks came from Redington, so it is reasonable to think it is a Redington Rod.

Now how to determine the correct line weight (grains) to throw with this rod.

Would appreciate any constructive inputs.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Dial up Steve Godshall (SGS fly lines) at 541 840 2594 and see if he's got the 'spec's' on this rod (95% probability) and he'll build you a perfect match.

fae

·
Registered
71 Posts
steamntrout,

Welcome to the forums, I too am new to both the spey world and the forums alike. I have already asked my share of questions on the board with great replies, as I'm sure you will get. Being that everyone has been so helpful to me, I pray that I can give back and offer anything I can in due time.

You mentioned your blank may be a Redington, I did a little bit of searching and stumbled upon this in a Google search:

http://speypages.com/redington.html

Could this possibly be your rod?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts