Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BULL DOG!!!!
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally the water has dropped here and it’s time to hunt for the pigs that live here on the upper Columbia.....I get very excited as I can only handle dry fly action for a couple days....pretty boring compared to the big grabs on the swing.
Just want to share some pics:nerd:
The fly is one gifted to me by Mike P our super moderator :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was passing through Trail yesterday on my way back from fishing further east and was wondering about the Columbia and the big rainbows that live there as I drove by. I'm assuming the approach is similar to fishing for summer runs on the bigger water in BC? Will they take wakers?

·
BULL DOG!!!!
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was passing through Trail yesterday on my way back from fishing further east and was wondering about the Columbia and the big rainbows that live there as I drove by. I'm assuming the approach is similar to fishing for summer runs on the bigger water in BC? Will they take wakers?
Yes and yes :nerd:

Reactions: KilgoreT

·
It's gonna happen.
380 Posts
I still gotta come visit, Bruce! Maybe this winter? Powder and swinging flies is my jam. My cousin is in Sandpoint so I can multitask.

·
BULL DOG!!!!
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still gotta come visit, Bruce! Maybe this winter? Powder and swinging flies is my jam. My cousin is in Sandpoint so I can multitask.
Powder we got!
Favorite thing is to shred in the am and hunt hogs in the afternoon

Attachments

Reactions: KilgoreT

·
Registered
91 Posts
Definitely a fishery worth visiting and taking care of! I had the pleasure of swinging deep for Bulls or Dolly Varden (if you like) a few weeks back with a great guide in BC.
It was early season and they were just starting to migrate so nothing too huge. The big ones are coming around now and into October. And by big I mean 30+ inchers.
I can't wait to go back!!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts