Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally finished this fly. Tied real robust to take on some real robust fish in Canada. Green parrot is glow in the light bright. you don't even need the dark. :Eyecrazy:

tied on a very vintage partridge cs10/1 sz 1 or 1/0. the old stock has finer wire and eyes and a more elegant point. I tried to do a herl head and didn't do such a great job. other than that i like this fly.
Wing order like this:
Tippet, Tragopan, Teal veiling these, an underwing of golden pheasant tail and yellow goose, then a main wing of peacock, bustard and yellow goose. sides are guinea and green parrot, with mallard roof over top all tips down. cheek is KF, and horns of blue macaw. brushed the wing to mix ever so slightly.

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,730 Posts
Ever So Glad

You did

Spectacular

·
Ded Heron
153 Posts
Knocked it out! That is just an excellent fly..........all the bits and pieces are executed perfectly to your style. Killed it!

Dustin

·
Registered
997 Posts
So nice!

I'll offer you an unconditional guarantee that our robust Canadian fishes will reward you for this Matt. Gonna be a shame to pinch that barb.... but for a good cause :chuckle:

James

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys, i was happy with this wing. i wish i did a bit better with the herl head. Its gonna go try and hook one on the Dean, without me:(

·
Registered
231 Posts
Trag/Butcher..

Matt,
Very nice,like to this swimming with the eye in the wing..very original idea
Indeed..should get you some play...the mix is looking good..
Thanks again..
Atb
Kyle

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Matt:

A strong and meaty dressing full of clout. These are words I think of when I visualize a Butcher dressing. An outstanding tie Matt, love your vibrant punctuations.

dg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts