Spey Pages banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A follow speypager had recommended feather tough for use on split JC nails ,to me this last week on another post here. I promptly checked online at my preferred fly shop and was pleasantly surprised to find it in stock. It arrived yesterday and I had to know how well it worked.
In the past I had used Uv clear fly finish and had not really enjoyed the procedure or the finish product. I have to say upon the first use on a completely split JC feather I was pretty amazed of how effective and instant this product is.(applied to Jc in pic)
Is there others of you using this? If so I would love to hear any other applications and or feathers it's being used on?
Automotive lighting Automotive design Glass Wood Tableware
Hand Liquid Bottle Solution Cosmetics

·
flytie09
1,940 Posts
Some use it on slip or married wings to prevent splitting. Try it out and let us know how it goes. I’ve not used it…. so I’m curious how it works out.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Well, looked at the Shed and then online, can't seem to find the "Fly Dressings" as labeled, just a spray product. Would not mind trying it if it works, certainly well worth the cost and effort to repair splits. - Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, looked at the Shed and then online, can't seem to find the "Fly Dressings" as labeled, just a spray product. Would not mind trying it if it works, certainly well worth the cost and effort to repair splits. - Thanks, Rob
The spray bottle is what I'm talking about. I just sprayed the JC then stroked it with my thumb and finger .The spilt disappeared and I typed it on.
Rectangle Screenshot Font Software Parallel

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Well...I ordered some to use on some of my "Grade B"" jungle cock. We shall see what happens. I know that JC on your fly sure looks good.

Reactions: sculpin swinger

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well...I ordered some to use on some of my "Grade B"" jungle cock. We shall see what happens. I know that JC on your fly sure looks good.
I wish I would of taken a before and after picture. I will have to do this the next time it is needed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts