Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the Spey Pages fly section. It is time that we had our own section. So to kick it off in style I propose that members post some pix of their favoutite flies. We may may have seen these all before, but what can I say they are pretty to look at!

I imagine people can guess what my favourite is...

Attachments

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
Hotep Spey

This pattern has become one of my go-to dressings over the last year. I fish it on everything from 3/0 to size 7 AJs for both summer and winter fish.

Attachments

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Russ I have been fishing my Akroyds quite a bit this year. Been using peacock secondary on mine though but these patterns sure swim well. Will try and introduce one to an OP fish this year :)

Peter these flies take a max of 10 minutes if you have all the materials laid out. Not bad at all time wise.

-sean

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
Here is something I have been playing with. I got the hackle wing idea from
a earlier post I saw of Tyler's.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Out of season, but here are pictures (from scanner, so forgive the quality) of the 2 versions of my favorite summer steelhead fly, a waker.

These flies were previously fished. You can see the crease in the middle of the hair head where the riffle hitch was tied:

Caddis Variant (I call this a Discomoecus since it is bright and flashy, and named after the October Caddis):

Muddler:

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Peter,

Yep, I fish them and several other of the old classic dees (Avon Eagle and Inchgarth) complete with the braided mono eye on the blind eye hook. And as Sean mentioned, if you have the materials laid out and ready to tie, all it takes is 10 minutes to tie one.

Sean,

I agree with you about peacock secondary making very nice dee wings.

Here is an Inchgarth for you Peter. Unfortunately, my scanner changed the rear body color from the light yellow-orange it is and the front body color from the fiery red it is.

Attachments

·
fly on little wing
1,136 Posts
My go to pattern. Also good in black and gold

that's called the 24 karat package voodoofly

Attachments

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
in summer I use Bill's disco and this puppy

in winter I mostly use this

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.