Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
The 6nine has the same dimensions as the Loop Traditional 2W--I have seen this reel used with lighter two-handers and shooting head systems, but not with Windcutters/MidSpeys. I will see if I can find out more for you.

If you are considering using this reel for double duty say as a bonefish reel and light spey reel, consider the LW 8eleven. Mine has been used on single handers for bonefish, permit and light tarpon in the tropics and on spey rods for Thompson and Dean steelhead with plenty of capacity for both.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dana, I appreciate the input. I'm thinking of using the reel on a Sage 12/5 and T&t 11/7 and 13/7, with the stated Rio lines. I also own the 8nine, but intended it for heavier lines.

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
this is a "best guess"

but I *THINK* if you spooled it with 100 yards gsp and were willing to cut some running line off your spey lines if necessary it would probably work.

I guess I need to get my hands on a 6nine or 2W and find out!

Probably should get one anyways if I am going to fish coho in the salt with Leland!

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Loop 2wide

Dana,
I been using the loop 2w with 100 yards of Gudebrod SST 30lb backing with the Rio 6/7 Midspey and Windcutter 6/7/8.
The reel is full but not stuffed.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Dana, what a great suggestion!

but I *THINK* if you spooled it with 100 yards gsp and were willing to cut some running line off your spey lines if necessary it would probably work.

This will enable me to fit a few lines onto some of my reels a lot easier that cutting a lot of backing. I certainly can cut off 10 to 15 foot of the running line section of any Spey line that I own with no problem with my casting skills.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts