Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m a patient man, well known as someone who can resist anything, except temptation, but any man can only take so much before something snaps !
I`ve tried my best to hold it all in, in an ethical fashion, with some dignity, but every time I come on this site, there it is, big and bold, staring me straight in the face, eyeball to eyeball. :Eyecrazy:
Well not any more, `cause enough is enough, and I`m calling a halt to it all here and now.
You just watch out Mr. Meiser, `cause I`m comin` gunnin` for ya, and when I`m finished, I`m gonna have one of those rods of yours !

Cascade.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Better hurry

you will have to stand in line to get one. but the wait is more than worth it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Cascade, try waiting, I had an email last week to say they were in the post, nothing yet, I'm like a little boy waiting for the postie everyday.

Begining to wonder if Meiz sent them surface mail, on a sailing ship.

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
the waiting game sucks. however, worth every minute waiting for the post to arrive. i went through the same thing a few weeks back before my move to the east coast. it was definitely worth it when i opened the package and saw the addition to the family.

vinnie

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I`m waiting !

Willie Gunn said:
Cascade, try waiting, I had an email last week to say they were in the post, nothing yet, I'm like a little boy waiting for the postie everyday.

Begining to wonder if Meiz sent them surface mail, on a sailing ship.
Malcolm,
I`m your first customer, and by the way, I`m a shoo in, a dead cert, just wiggle you hips, and knock it in.
Let me know when the Meiz family arrive and I`ll be on your door.

Vinnie,
that`s the only problem I have, which one?
I guess it`s got to be somewhere between the 13`6" and the 15`, but then again I want a 16` one too.
I am dangerous when it comes to something like this, `cause if it so happens I like more than one............................ :devil:
just watch the share price in R.B. Meiser. :Eyecrazy:

On a sober note (just for a minute), I have never even seen a Meiser, but keep seing and hearing rave things about them.
What one`s do you have, or have you tried?

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Cascade,

Good to see you are going to get one of Meieser's wonderful sticks. Malcolm must have twisted your arm since I know he likes them. I am especially fond of the 16'ers, which is why I bought a 16' 7/8/9 blank (actually it is the 9/10 with the butt regressed -5% to make it a fast 8/9 long-belly rod) and built one.

I now have a problem because I still greatly like the T&T 2-handers and now Meiser has his wonderful, fast action Highlander Series rods. The only way to resolve this is to get more rods from both T&T and Meiser. Oh my, Oh dear!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hi Malcolm,

I did a track on your package, and it's in your UK Customs right now.

Delivery slowed from here over the 4th of July Holidays, so it has taken several days longer then the normal 3 to 5 day Air Express Postal.

You can have your local Postal Station track now, and I'll forward this info.

Cascade...I wish I could join you guys at Musto <> If the Spey gods are kind to us, Malcolm will have several rods there with him.

Meiz

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They`re here !

Flytyer,
it appears we are both suffering from the same disease, but I am assured that we will recover in time, just as soon as these guys stop making rods.

Bob/Malcolm,
great to hear that the Meizer family have arrived, albeit without Papa Meiz.
Could I be so bold as to ask which models will be available to view?
Best of luck to you both with the venture.

Cascade.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The rods are at "the hub" where ever that is. A quick google of the river hub gives no clues so it must be a Royal Mail thing.

I should manage to have a 14', 2X15' and a 16' for you to appreciate.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dilema begins !

Aaagh !
The hub !
Of course ! :rolleyes:
Translated into ordinary speak, this means the Royal Mail (God bless their little cotton socks), haven`t got a clue where the package is at present.
Anyhow, things usually turn up in time, and with 2 weeks to go until we`re Belvoiring, we`ll just keep the fingies crossed !
2 X15 footers, it must be an omen ! :eek: (I wonder if Mr. Meiser put my name on it.) :roll:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Drool time

Cascade,
Hopefully I will have young Gordon Armstrong's 14' rod. Gordon will hopefully let you try it.

The 15' 10/11 MKS The Nessy hammer is what this rod will want.

The 15' 9/10 Highlander

Also My own 16' 6 piece which if you are good I might let you look at.

There will also be an 18' Meiser which is apparently a great rod but has been under wraps till recently.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Malcom,

Ah the 18'er. I got to cast the 2nd prototype of it at Sandy. The version you are going to be getting ought to be fantastic with the tweaks Meiser was going to make on the one I got to cast.

Cascade,

Unfortunately, I don't think either T&T or Meiser are going to quit making rods or adding new ones to their catalog.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A buffet of Meizer !

Malcolm,
I promise I`ll be good ! :devil:
Looking forward to seing you, and trying the lot !

Peter.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
All those of you who are watching for the Postie.

Over at Bob's yesterday morning. A dozen rods ready to have the cork spun down, guides all on but need to be epoxied.

The BAD PART is one 16 footer (to be MINE, ALL MINE) was being used as a test bed rod (no problem for me) and some clown BROKE IT!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Loose connection by the looks of the break. :saevilw:

·
Registered
713 Posts
I hope one of those was mine. The anticipation is killing me. Bob is building me the 15 7/8 highlander.
Mike

·
Registered
886 Posts
HM Customs have held my rods at Coventry and are demanding an arm and a leg before they will release them.

What use is a doublehander to a one handed man?

As Jimmy Jack of Carron fame was in England I asked him to pop in and pick them up. I hope he has plenty of money with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Fred,

I understand your disappointment. :(

I have my 16' 8/9 Meiser blank finished and ready to go, now all I need is some fish in our Puget Sound rivers to give it a proper workout.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts