Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told of excistance of it... If it's a real sicret, I wonder? If it is so is there any other info of principles/rules/restrictions while making skagit line/head?
Would be very happy for possibility to know as much as possible!!!
Thanks.
From Russia with love.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
In the search feature (above/right) type in skagit head+ed ward; you'll get tons of info on the lines, tapers, etc.
Fred

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Well, the only formula I'm aware of that Ed has ever posted is line length in relation to rod length. The accepted length is 3 to 3.5 times rod length. Ed has recently posted that he's been experimenting with shorter lines with good results. As to weight, he seems to figure that out with persistence and work. trying different weights and adjusting weight until he likes it.

I've nerver seen a "3 feet of 10 wt, 20 feet of 12 wt, 5 feet of 10 wt" type recipe from him. Could exist, I've just never seen it.

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
I guess I should have said I've never seen one that is useable for any size rod I own:chuckle: Hopefully one of the "Data miners" here can find something more like a recipe for steelhead and salmon weight lines. I have nothing but respect for Ed's willingness to put the work into determining what lines he likes on his rods. I'll never have the determination to get past "This works well enough"...

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Edgit's, aka Ed Ward's formula

Enne=ParametricPlot3D[{u-u^3/3+u v^2,v-v^3/3+v u^2,u^2-v^2},{u,-1.5,1.5},{v,-1.5,1.5}]
Show[Enne, AspectRatio->Automatic]
Display["Enne1.ps", Enne] :saeek: :confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all!
Is it possible to connect with mr Ed Ward? 'Couse I have to many different rods and a friend of mine too. Otherwise it'll take much more time to get russians to know "the real skagit line".

G

·
Thats fine but how do you connect the sections together, and what are the line diameters, or the line bits diameters and since I'm a dunce, what does each bit weigh if it makes up 406 gns. And what rod would one chuck it on.
Interesting subject. Will ask George to explain the ramifications. MaxG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts