Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through my own carelessness, I humbly submited a warranty claim for my brand new Echo DH2 8133-4. This was a first time experience for me. I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased to hear that the warranty would be honoured, no questions asked. A new replacement was promptly shipped. I just want to say thanks to Echo/Rajeff Sports for the first class service and the no hassle guarantee. "Thank you!!"
Joe

·
Registered
176 Posts
First Class.........................I had a similar experience and have nothing but the highest praises for ECHO

Good to hear they took good care of you as well.:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't post much but here is my Echo warranty story.

I bought an older Echo single handed rod at a garage sale with a broken tip. I figured I would just put on a new tip-top and have a decent (but 6" shorter) backup rod. On a whim, I contacted Echo and asked if they had an older tip laying around I could purchase. I told them that I had just purchased the rod used and already broken. They stood by their warranty and hooked me up with a brand new Echo Ion, as the older rod was no longer manufactured. I can't say enough good things about this company.

The best part is they're located 45 minutes north of me and I got to stop in and BS with Tim Rajeff a bit.

·
Registered
261 Posts
By far, the best customer service in the industry. That goes a long way with me.
I absolutely agree. The crew at Rajeff Sports (Jarrod, Anna, Jamie + others) are unparalleled in the fly fishing industry for excellent customer service. Echo continues to produce fantastic and innovative fly rods at a reasonable price. I can't wait until Airflow offers some skagit/Scandinavian/switch lines in lighter weights!

Kudos to the crew at Rajeff Sports!

Lawrence S

·
Registered
62 Posts
I snapped the tip off a TR 8136 this summer due to own-stupid-fault syndrome. No warranty card required - if it has their name on it, they know they made it. Brand new replacement rod at my door in 10 days, west coast to east coast. Other companies want to see a warranty card or look you up in their data base before they honor their warranty.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I sent them a note once that said, "I'm an idiot and caught my rod tip in the rafters of the cabin…" They replied, "Send it in and we will take care of you." 2 days later there was a new rod on my doorstep.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Don't ask, but I'll tell.

I sent them a note once that said, "I'm an idiot and caught my rod tip in the rafters of the cabin…" They replied, "Send it in and we will take care of you." 2 days later there was a new rod on my doorstep.
Rods stuffed in the Jeep .. out a back door window moving from place A to B. Not a good Plan A. Amazing how stupid you can be to get an education. :( Electric windows don't care, but are very effective.

·
Registered
11 Posts
just a question about echo's warranties. with other companies you are required to register your rod when you buy it but i cant find anything on their website to register. is it safe to assume i do not need to register my new echo?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good to hear they offer this quality of customer service, my first rod is an echo classic switch and will definitely be sticking with this company when going for my upgrade

·
Registered
520 Posts
And the best part? They make some really nice rods. Can't beat that - great rods AND great service!

Jim

Reactions: fredaevans

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Wow!!!

Wow says it all. After reading these posts I will definitely put an Echo in my repertoire of graphite rods. I will confess here I still do all of my small stream trout fishing with bamboo...I just can't let go. But for big water and Atlantic Salmon...graphite is the only way to go!!

Thanks guys.....

Reactions: fredaevans

·
Registered
405 Posts
Wow says it all. After reading these posts I will definitely put an Echo in my repertoire of graphite rods. I will confess here I still do all of my small stream trout fishing with bamboo...I just can't let go. But for big water and Atlantic Salmon...graphite is the only way to go!!

Thanks guys.....
They also have a glass rod lineup.......pretty retro!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts