Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Has anybody fished or cast the Echo King 10wt? Looks like a solid rod at a good price. I'm looking for a rod that can turn over heavy tips (T-17) and large weighted flies. Any input and advice is most welcome!
Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey, I just came across this...it will cast a long piece of T17 I was up to 16ft on the 9wt with a 660skagit head....but I just wanted to offer, I did cast the 10 wt with a 720 on it and frankly felt that it would a lot better with the higher end of the grain window,,,so if you could go to a spey clave and try it with your style of casting, i would try a 750 and even an 800 just for kicks, because if you get it right it is real sling shot!!!:Eyecrazy:
I know a who rigged it with 720 as well and he felt the same....just my .02, post pics of the kings if you get them!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ended up getting the TR 9wt instead of the king rod. I liked the way the TR cast better. Have yet to hook into a real brute with the rod, but the 9wt TR has easily cast any fly and tip as well as handled kings in the 12-20lb range with no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts