Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried this last year lets try it again!! Looking for the brass drag knob for the 8/10 echo ion drag knob. Can't seem to get one North of the Border. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup. They basically told me with shipping, duty(which there should be none) and exchange, 2.3oz wouldn't be worth it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
There's a private party seller on eBay selling his new Ion 10/12 with a brass drag knob. Try messaging him. He might sell you the knob separately. He's including it with the new 10/12 for only $75 shipped. I'm thinking $12 shipped for the knob to Canada sounds fair. You'd probably be doing him a favor if you bought the knob from him: He could, in turn, reduce his price to $65 and sell the reel already.

And about the brass knob 'throwing the balance off': With the brass knob installed the reel will still stand on its foot without tipping over. Mounted on a rod there is a slight tilt when holding the rod through the swing or drift. It's not an annoyance, as it's hardly noticeable. From my perspective it wasn't, at least.

·
Registered
663 Posts
There's a private party seller on eBay selling his new Ion 10/12 with a brass drag knob. Try messaging him. He might sell you the knob separately. He's including it with the new 10/12 for only $75 shipped. I'm thinking $12 shipped for the knob to Canada sounds fair. You'd probably be doing him a favor if you bought the knob from him: He could, in turn, reduce his price to $65 and sell the reel already.

And about the brass knob 'throwing the balance off': With the brass knob installed the reel will still stand on its foot without tipping over. Mounted on a rod there is a slight tilt when holding the rod through the swing or drift. It's not an annoyance, as it's hardly noticeable. From my perspective it wasn't, at least.

Buy the reel with the brass knob and sell the reel on here or sell to a friend.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts