Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to see one of the new Echo glass spey rods at the Castapalooza clave on saturday. What a fun, cool looking stick! I didn't get a chance to cast it because it was someones personal rod but the wiggle test just made me more curious... got to get one now. Rob

·
Premium Member
Meiser, T&T, and OPST two handers; Scott, Orvis, & Winston SH. Danielsson and Hardy Reels
1,079 Posts
I got one 10 days ago

Haven't had the chance to do much with it yet, but what I have done is special. Still looking for the right line, but for now the first 30' of a DT 9 line has been turned into a shooting head that seems to fly forever. Looking forward to getting an Ambush TT9 and something else, any suggestions?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have the 12-9 7wt Spey. Loaded with a 510 AirFlo Scandi, it sings.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Rob, sorry that I didn't get a chance to meet you Saturday, I was busy bs'ing and playing with rods all day. My buddy Sam had one of the two echo glass sticks I saw there. He's got the 12'4" 6 weight. Cast it with one of the triple density SA scandi heads, the 7/8 f/i/s4 if memory serves me correctly. It's a smooooth stick, I think I'll be adding one of the light ones to the collection

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must admit i was contributing to a lot of the bs'ing myself. I had a nice talk with Sam about his 6wt. He seemed to really be enjoying it. The past few years I've been using the Rio Scandi bodies with the 15ft versatips. I'm curious to see how they perform on these glass rods since i consider them a cross between a skagit and a scandi. Should be interesting. Rob

·
Registered
49 Posts
I should have a 6110-4 arriving today, can't wait to throw a FF35 on there and skate all summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got my 6110-4 lined up yesterday and threw it for just a few minutes.....talk about soul! I instantly fell in love with this setup. The 35 is such a great fit for that rod. So damn ready for summers!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Got my 6110-4 lined up yesterday and threw it for just a few minutes.....talk about soul! I instantly fell in love with this setup. The 35 is such a great fit for that rod. So damn ready for summers!!!

Jarad....I'm looking at buying this rod, too....tell me more about the FF 35 line, please.

Thanks.....

Jim B.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Jarad....I'm looking at buying this rod, too....tell me more about the FF 35 line, please.

Thanks.....

Jim B.

Nextcast makes it, and it is based on the funnel taper that makes the 45/55 Fall Favorite such a beloved line. It has more turnover power than most (if not all) Skandi lines, and is a perfect fit for 11-12' progressive action spey\switch rods.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looking to maybe get the 7129 and have never cast a full spey rod would this rod be good for a beginner?

I know I like a more relaxed casting stroke and like to feel a deep load with my switch so the action of the glass has me intrigued... Ive been at the upper end of the grain window for my last 2 graphite switchs and a skagit head but I am wondering if I should try somewhere in the middle of the window with this rod as it tends to bend deeper into the blank easier?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts