Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a fresh 6126 - still has the plastic on the cork!

One thing that slightly bugged me about my Orvis clearwater is I always thought the foregrip was too short. It's about 2" shorter than the Echo. The highly scientific wiggle test has me thinking that overall the Echo is "softer".

I think I have a 450 airflo skagit compact and a 420 rage around here somewhere. Need to get out to a river and test it out. Maybe a short run up to the American. Looking forward to chasing summer fish (assuming it's any better than this miserable winter has been for steelhead....Maybe some shad...)

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,850 Posts
You will have fun with that was it from a shop if so PM me please

·
Registered
103 Posts
You will have fun with that was it from a shop if so PM me please
It was from Fin & Fire's eBay store. Fin & Fire is a shop in Redmond, OR. They still have 2 of the 6126-4 rods and 2 of the 8133-4 rods left. One of the 8wts is missing the plastic. Go on eBay and search "echo dhii" and you'll see them.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
It was from Fin & Fire's eBay store. Fin & Fire is a shop in Redmond, OR. They still have 2 of the 6126-4 rods and 2 of the 8133-4 rods left. One of the 8wts is missing the plastic. Go on eBay and search "echo dhii" and you'll see them.

I did and ran away..too much shopping lately great deal for someone, these have a bit of a following

·
Registered
153 Posts
I did and ran away..too much shopping lately great deal for someone, these have a bit of a following
Remember, take few deep breaths, close the laptop lid and step away slowly....you can do it.
We’re only here to help 🤥

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Ha easier than that, I convinced myself I needed a 14' footer 8 weight at minimum :)

Reactions: cervelors

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
The 6 would be light The 7 or 8 would be a good fit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts