Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this and looking for a Scandi line for this but no little about what I'm looking for.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks KC

·
Recreational User
214 Posts
The grain window on that twig is 330-450...I like a 300gr Rage and a 300/330 Scandi on it, but I also like about 60gr less line weight than the ECHO line recs across the board.

Fun rod. I use mine for late season flesh swingin in the locals flows, and it bends nice with an 18" char but has the minerals to fights he occasional accidental 10-12lb coho and win.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've used a 390 Compact Skagit, 360 compact Scandi and most recently a 390 Rage on mine. They all worked well for me.

I'm not a great two handed caster, though, and find that a line on the heavier side is a little more forgiving to my casting faults.

Andy

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the dh 6126 and I really love a 350gr Scandi. It has a very large grain window. I would imagine somewhere around 300gr is a good starting place for the 5wt. The deep flex of the original echo dec hogans feels as though the rod loads under its own weight... Thus my fondness of the lighter line. Really fun series of rods.

·
Registered
200 Posts
+2 for a 390 rage.

I run either a tapered leader for dries/sub surface or a light poly tip.

It jacks. :lildevl:

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the line advice I guess now I need to buy some new line!

Anyone have something for sale?

KC

·
Registered
400 Posts
rage

390 rage head seems to fish perfect for me with 10ft versileaders. The 5wt is by far one of my favorite rods I have ever fished.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
We have three DH 5112 Echo rods in my group. All like the 300gr Scandi lines. The rod is fairly soft and full flex,,,, heavier lines kind of bog it down.

Regards,
FK
Spey Casting North East

1 - 9 of 9 Posts