Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an original Dec Hogan, not the newer DHII. Rod is well used but in good shape, no damage, light scuffing and soiled cork. I am not the original owner, but the guy I bought it from caught at least a couple steelhead on it, so it's got good "mojo"!

I'd like $150 shipped CONUS, Paypal or money order.

Thanks, Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yo Bignap- thanks I did make that rack out of red oak, I think it holds about a dozen tubes. I can send you better pics and dimensions if you wanted to make one similar... andy

·
Registered
326 Posts
Post it! I'd love to see that sbs, and Frank's much too busy to build it, lol. Nice deal on this rod btw.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Rack

Yo Bignap- thanks I did make that rack out of red oak, I think it holds about a dozen tubes. I can send you better pics and dimensions if you wanted to make one similar... andy
Carey is right but Id love to get the dimensions, That be great if you could post the dimensions or message it to me thanks I really appreciate that. That thing looks awesome and I could actually get too see some space under our bed After everything is nice and neat and into a rack.
[email protected] If you want to email the info and the photos

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I don't have a SBS guys, I built it several years ago. But I took a few more pics and tomorrow I will put together a quick summary of the construction process. Can't seem to post pics from my phone but will do so tomorrow from the computer... Andy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys - Here's a couple more photos of the rod rack and a drawing showing a "cross-section" so you can see the construction process. I basically made all (4) sides first from plywood and dimensional stock, then ran them thru the table saw putting a 45 degree angle on each edge, so they come together to make a rectangle. Then before gluing it all up, I did the dado cuts for the bottom and two tube stabilizer layers. Hopefully it makes sense once you see the drawing.

Dimensions are 24" deep, 18" wide and 31" tall.

It actually holds 18 tubes, and I still don't have enough capacity, thus the reason I have to sell a few rods...;)

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nice rack. The only problem I can see is that all of your rods would be in one place and the wife would know how many you really have.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everybody that responded and messaged.

Rod is tentatively sold pending funds to Jeff.

I got a few PMs also from folks looking at the other rods in my rack, I will think about which ones I might part with and be in touch.

Thanks again everybody.

Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts