Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Spey Is The Way
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have anything to say about these rods? I did a search and did not find much. This is not the Skagit rod with two tips. Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
27 Posts
&/8 Has to be the best rod on the market right now..

I had to pick up a line at the Airflo house the other day and test drove a few of the spey rods on the pond. The 7/8 classic matched with either an Airlfo Delta or that Vision Shooting head has to be one of the best deals around for a light feel, easy casting summer rod right now.

Apparently its a go to rod for guiding clients by Deschutes Angler because as they put it "You put a Vision shooting head on it for them and they really, really have to screw up the cast to NOT get it out there".

$269?? An incredible deal for a rod that casts like that. I'm definitely getting one.. It's not super fast (unlike their scandi rods which really are pretty quick) but will also comfortably handle reasonable tips, or so I am told.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm also interested in these. Actually, I think its the ECHO 2 scandi that comes with two heads. I talked to some folks who said the ECHO classic throws a skagit line really nice. I have an echo one hander and its the only 8 wt I've ever owned. Nothing to compare it too, but I love it. Anyway, hope this helps.. if you do buy one let us know what you think.
Will

·
Spey Is The Way
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Echo 2, this is a different rod. I don't think too many people have them yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts