Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note to let you fellows know about a dispute I just finished havng with eBay about their "guarantee".

I recently saw a pair of new Smith Low Light Ignitor sunglasses advertised on eBay's sight for about 15% less than I could buy them from Smith. Without boring you with all the goring details, I questioned the seller about the color of the lens -- he advertised gray/green, but I was looking for yellow. Before I bought, I asked the seller to quote from the warranty info included in the box, which said he did. The quote described the lenses as having a yellow color, so I bought them. When they arrived with a gray/green lens, we agreed to a refund, and I returned the glasses. When I had not received the refund after about 10 days I wrote to find out why. I was then told I had to file a claim with eBay so he could make one -- which I did. EBay denied the claim because I did not take a picture of the glasses before I returned them, so I could not "prove" I received something that was different from what was advertised. Luckily, the seller had given me a refund before the the claim was denied.

The long and the short of this is take pictures of what you are returning to eBay if you want to get a refrund from them.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I would have just ponied up the extra $25-30 or so and just bought locally or from smith. Avoiding those kinds of headaches is easily worth that to me...sometimes a bargain really isn't

1 - 4 of 4 Posts