Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you lads ever contacted a buyer about an item he or she may not know is faulty? Or more directly has the potential to be faulty?
I have had some awful luck with the old Diamondback "Power Braid" spey rods that have the spigot ferrule. I have broken several all at the same point,,,male ferrule on the tip section. One has just come on ebay and i see there is one bid already. I am not sure if it is a spigot or not but thought of contacting the buyer to let him know. Would i be in violation of anything? Would you? I would think contacting the seller would be pointless as he probably is in the dark about the fault and i AM NOT pointing any fingers at this lad. Just like to hear some thoughts on this. Diamondback has a great warranty so the buyer will be handled well if he/she runs into the same problems i did. Not the point though as a faulty rod series is a serious pain in the ass.
Looking forward to your thoughts.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=290065095211&rd=1&rd=1
Salmon Chaser

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
potentially faulty goods....

You would be right to point out to both the seller and any bidder(s) if you have certain knowledge about a fault or potential fault in the make & model of the item 4 sale. Isn't it just being a good e-citizen:rolleyes:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have no doubt you are well intentioned in this instance.
Personally I would not become involved in a private transaction of this kind.
I occasionally have had bad experiences with fishing gear, cars, and all things electrical. It is a fact of life and with luck, as in this case, there is the safety net of a lifetime warranty. Nowadays there is so much research you can do before parting with your money.
If I am asked to give my experiences, good and bad, I am happy to do so.
I might pass them on unrequested to a relative or close friend.
Bit like someone who has a bad experience with marraige and decides to tell the rest of us to give it a miss!

Mike

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree with Clydesider.

However good your intentions I think they should be kept for friends and family. By warning off a potential buyer you are depriving what could well be a respectable but unaware e-bayer of moving on with his tackle set up.

Should he (the seller) have to pay the cost of the makers faults by being prevented from moving on. For sure the maker wont give him a refund so has he to lose all?

The saying over here is "buyer beware". As long as you accuraetly describe your product need we do more?

By the way this isn't my rod just my opinion

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your opinions lads. Just want to clarify that this post WAS NOT to make the seller out as a villain. Not at all!! Just another idle thought at the PC over coffee so i thought i would ask this question here. I had alot of trouble with the spigots on this model,,,enough to probably never buy another spigot ferruled model of any maker. I know there is a lemon in every bunch and my experiences may not mirror yours.
i hope the seller gets a decent price and that the buyer has many years with it,,, but like i said before,, diamondback has a great warranty and customer service. Thanks again for your input.
Salmon Chaser

1 - 5 of 5 Posts