Spey Pages banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!
Haven't chimed in awhile but have seen some outstanding wraps lately! Thought I would share a cheap solution to storing fleas as I got tired of corks falling over and couldn't bring myself to buy the cheap rippled foam.
Step 1:
Befriend your local cigar shop owner or staff member - most of them are hoarders (or check their bin!).
Step 2:
Obtain from said new friend some boxes that have the flip top.
Step 3:
Get 1/4" cork on the roll from the hardware shop or in square tiles from Staples plus some double sided tape, or rubber cement or whatever adhesive you want
(Tape is super easy).
Step 4:
Cut the base to friction fit on the bottom, cut the strips and attach according to your preferred spacing a voila...classy and cheap. I can probably make around 1/2 dozen of these for under $20.
If I still had access to a woodshop I would try the thicker cork and make a template and router out some grooves as I have seen on this here forum but this was a decent solution too.
Great work on here everyone, I hope you all get out to chase some winter chrome.

Attachments

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,701 Posts
Love the Creativity

Both the box and the fleas

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Wow that's some killer looking boxes and fly's!!!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Fantastic work!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!

Thanks for the nice comments gents - it's you guys who keep the motivation going...these flat boxes are particularly nice for classics - a little bit more depth required for a proper dee box - time for me to visit the cigar emporium!

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
kinda off/on topic but I believe the embargo with cuba has been lifted?

are cuban cigars available to you once again?

if not... use these fellas:

https://www.puroexpress.com

and it's funny... I store all my spendy materials (cotinga, ic, etc.) in my cigar boxes.

that would be a good way to gift some flies.
cheers.

·
Registered
879 Posts
do the flies smell good after they've been store in there? I hear steelhead have affinity for cuban havanas. very nice work

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Cripes! What a bunch of gorgeous flees, Vincent. I dig the Doctor and the Major in the bunch.

Thanks for sharing the box idea.

Adrian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts