Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope everyone has a great time at the Eastern Clave this weekend. The presentations will be first-rate and the committee has done a great job organizing this event. I'll look forward to reading all about it next week!

Is it true that there was a dusting of snow out there this week?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Dana
Although I could only manage 1 day it was fantastic.Snow ??but gave an extreme neophite some tips while SLEET fell on the river during the 2 hr lunch "break" Yes the demos were top notch and I'll have to thank Neil and Rick for an extremely well done job.
I'll leave it to Juro to describe his fantastic invisible casting techniques as he mumbled f-----ing hair-line or was it hair- Canada, or as it his Eastcoast Yanqui accent as he said here (in ) Canada ??? =:-O.
Cheers
Brian

·
Registered
914 Posts
Neil and Rick did a fantastic job organizing and orchestrating a wonderful weekend. A class act all the way. As a tiny example, Neil had a piper who actually used to "pipe" open the salmon season on the River Spey open the clave on Saturday morning.

In spite of the weather — cold, rain, hail, extreme winds, sleet (steelhead weather?) all the presentations were first rate. What great instructors we have. We learned a lot from all of them. And Juro did a great job of the basics, despite not having his CNDs. The rods did finally arrive today at about noon and I had a chance to cast one of the new saltwater protos. Very impressive.

Photo is from Saturday morning — Way, Peter Charles, Steve, Neil, Spey piper, Rick and Simon (Andy hadn't quite arrived by the time of the opening ceremonies). BTW, I'd never seen Andy cast before, but he's the essence of smooth!

Neil, Rick, the presenters and all the people who put it together, thanks. You did a great job and I look forward to next year.

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Eastern Spey Clave

A BIG THANKS TO All WHO ATTENDED

Neil and I said goodbye to Simon at 1:00 this afternoon, he was the last guest to leave
I hope everyone had fun, the weather could have been better, but the wind and rain didn't seem to dampen anyones spirits.
Neil and I are so lucky to have had such great help, a special thanks to our wifes for looking after the registration packages.
The best part for me this weekend was putting faces to the many people I've seen post on this board/site, new friends great two-handed casting what more could we ask for.

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just want to add my thanks as well to Neil, Rick, Peter and all the others that made this Clave a success.

I gather information and learned a lot too.

Good job guys --- Thanks for a great weekend!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also would like to extend my gratitude to Neil and Rick for organizing the Clave, their wives for helping out and of course Way, Steve, Simon, Andy and Juro for their presentations throughout the weekend. As this was my first Spey Clave I was pleasantly surprised by everybody's generosity and helpfulness both on the river and back at camp. I would also like to give a special thanks to Juro for taking the time to help a couple of us with some one-on-one instruction this helped turn theory into application. If there turns out to be a 2004 Eastern Spey Clave you can count me in.

Thanks
Rob Lacombe

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Thanks to all

Ladies and Gentlemen.
Now that I have had a couple of days to catch up on my sleep and gather my thoughts, I would like to personally thank all who attended to make this event a success.
Thank you to my Pat and Rick's Pat for helping with registration and making cups of tea when asked.
Thanks to my buddies Rick and Peter S.C. and all who helped in organizing this event.
The Pro's - What can we say, they were brilliant!
Simon, Andy, Steve, Way and Juro, CHEERS BOYS!
The list is too long to name everyone, but a sincere thank you to all sponsors and manufacturer's who donated prizes for the raffle.
I guess the event started when Doug and I rolled into the park Monday morning to start preparing for the week ahead.
We had alot of laughs through the week, bit of fishin, campfires, barbecuing and the odd guzzle.
Tuesday morning our friend from Chicago, John York arrived with his 5 star tent and proceeded to hang is shirt and ties in the nearest tree branches (See pics later)
Despite the inclement weather, I think everyone had a good time. We heard many positive comments so we must have done something right.
Spey casting and fishing is a wonderful sport and I hope we all enjoy it for many years to come.

Sincerely,
Speyladdie:smokin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts