Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Week two was a big hit and I ended up with some gear I never knew I needed and another forum member is enjoying some wonderful cigars on his favorite rivers. Again, folks are having a little fun.

So...the fun continues...here is week three:

I'm posting this again for anyone who hasn't seen this thread previously. As a reminder of how this started, here is the tag line for last week's first run of the Great Stogie WTT Thread...man I hope a few folks are enjoying this a little. I certainly am.

Here's the intro...

Mods gave me the ok and agreed that this could prove to be fun...so thought I'd provide members with a WTT opportunity for a 5 pack of great cigars, once a week for a handful of weeks. I have a lifetime of cigars in a several humidors in my office so I figured I'd change things up a bit and just have some fun with some of them. Trade fodder related to spey or trout fly fishing is perfect...fly tying tools or materials work too. Reels, spools...gadgets...you get the picture. I'll cover shipping of the cigars and they'll be shipped as a gift in a small USPS flat rate Priority Mail box, in a zip lock. I'm not picky...as I said, just want to have some fun. If this post works I will do another one next week. If trade value is higher than the value of the cigars...I have more. I maintain my humidors at 65/65 and many of these cigars have been resting peacefully for 2-3 years. Very enjoyable cigars...

You get the picture...this is all about old fashioned bartering and spreading the stogie love....

This weeks stogie swap is for one or both 10...TEN!!!...packs of premium smokes. A couple ten packs should kick the trade level up a notch and should give more folks a chance to get involved. I will run this through tomorrow afternoon...Easter Sunday...to give folks a chance to get involved. The last one lasted just shy of 6 hours and I had several PM's asking for more time or more trade opportunities. One of the PM's came from one of America's finest, currently serving in Afghanistan...what an honor and what a cool PM. Long story short, I'm sending him a bunch of stogies and he's gonna send me some flies tied in Afghanistan...I asked him for one to be a red, white and blue one...to be shadow boxed and displayed in my office. The others will be the most prized flies I carry on the river. So, the thread has provided an unintended bonus.

Each 10 pack consists of 3 Gurkha Titans, a Gurkha Beast, a CAO Sopranos Edition, a Gurkha Grand Age, a Gurkha Shaggy, a Gurkha Centurian, a Gurkha Crest and a Gurkha Legend...what a wonderful mix of premium cigars from a couple of the best makers. As with last weeks trades, I have smoked each of these cigars personally and they are all WONDERFUL cigars. The trade opportunity is for one or both 10 packs. So, to clarify...WTT for cool stuff...even not so cool stuff...for a single 10 pack, a couple of them, or more cigars if we are looking at something of greater value...I have lots o cigars we can work with.

Gurkha Titan - The complex layers of rich, silky smooth flavors are derived from the vintage tobaccos utilized. A gorgeous Costa Rican maduro wrapper, cultivated in 1996, hugs a lush blend of Honduran, Dominican, and Columbian tobaccos, which has been aging in cedar for 5 years. Secured by a delicious Nicaraguan binder, these fine tobaccos are the ultimate marriage, promoting a burst of toasty, cedary flavors delivered in rich fashion that grows in intensity throughout the burn. Medium to full bodied.

Gurkha Beast - Aged for an absolute minimum of 8 years, this dark leaf is oily and toothy, cloaking a luxurious blend of Dominican, Honduran, and Columbian long-fillers bound by a flavorful Nicaraguan leaf. The result is an array of flavor, including hints of cocoa and wood, with a smooth, sweet finish that lingers after each puff. A soothing, satisfying smoke that burns slow and cool emitting a rich, crowd-pleasing aroma. Medium to full-bodied, the Beast is waiting.

CAO Sopranos Edition - Just 4 months on the market, this cigar was named among Cigar Aficionado’s Top 25 Cigars in the world. Made in Honduras with a dark and chewy Brazilian wrapper leaf, The Sopranos Edition boasts an intoxicating blend of Nicaraguan, Dominican and Columbian tobaccos with a Honduran-grown binder. This hearty combination works wonders and caters to those looking for a bold, but smooth smoke. Thick clouds of smoke float above as you enjoy a variety of pleasant flavors. Hints of coffee and toasted wood swarm the palate, and are complemented by a sweet, syrupy note on the finish. Complex, balanced and totally satisfying.

Gurkha Grand Age - A beautiful handmade comprised of superior, vintage tobaccos. Hugging an elegant blend of extensively aged Nicaraguan and Peruvian tobaccos is a choice Cameroon leaf cultivated in 1996. Masterfully blended, this impressive cigar smacks the palate with its rich, earthy core supported by pleasant toasty undertones and a touch of sweet pepper. Silky to the touch and buttery smooth, the Grand Age is built specifically for the highest shelf of your humidor.

Gurkha Shaggy - Bursting from within awaits 5-year old Dominican long-fillers and binder. Resting atop this aged core is an enticing chocolaty-brown 8-year old Dominican wrapper. Upon toasting the rugged foot, the binder and filler provide an insightful experience as to the taste of a cigar sans its wrapper. (Truly very unique if you have yet to experience it.) As the burn reaches the wrapper, warm smoke swarms the palate engulfing the senses as smooth notes of tobacco, oak, spice, and a hint of vanilla round out this medium-bodied treat.

Gurkha Centurian - Special-Edition Centurian Double-EX, they may have outdone even themselves. In fact, this was originally made for the Sultan of Brunei - a cigar so limited and exclusive that it was commissioned specifically by one of the wealthiest men in the world for his own private consumption. These cigars are hand-rolled from exquisite Cuban-seed ligero tobaccos grown in the Cibao Valley of the Dominican Republic, aged 8 full years, and hugged by gorgeous, dark, silky Connecticut wrappers fermented to perfection. This combination imparts a rich, very creamy taste with just the slightest hint of spice, and a mellow, pleasant, yet remarkable burst of flavor on the finish. This Perfecto shape is intriguing, a thick 60-ring perfecto that carefully tapers at both ends. Due to the demands of the tricky shape and quantity of aged tobaccos used in each cigar, only the most experienced torcedors in the factory are allowed to make the size, resulting in unerring consistency and flawless construction.

Gurkha Crest - Under constant demand, the Crest easily ranks among Gurkha’s finest (and priciest) creations. To craft this masterpiece, a thick and chewy Connecticut maduro wrapper aged 9+ years conceals a vintage mixture of Cuban-seed long-fillers from Nicaragua’s top growing regions. Each smoke-filled puff yields an exceedingly rich bouquet that’s velvety smooth, delivering deep, roasted flavors throughout with softer hints of leather, oak, and toast. The finish is long, chewy, and sweet, completing a veritable work of art savored by the most critical of enthusiasts.

Gurkha Legend - The Gurkha Legend blend utilizes a well-balanced blend of the highest grade Dominican long-leaf filler available, adding a slightly spicy premium authentic Cameroon binder leaf, followed by a thick Connecticut Broadleaf maduro wrapper. The process however, is not so simple. Kaizad Hansotia of Gurkha Cigars holds the highest of standards, and expects perfection and excellence out of every cigar created. In order to achieve these high standards, the Legend must patiently undergo an extensive aging process of 8 long years. After all is said and done, this gorgeous, dense cigar delivers a powerful, rich bouquet of hearty flavors in a uniquely smooth mellow manner. Dark and oozing with oily goodness, the medium to full-bodied Gurkha Legend is a well filled, slow burning beauty that will demand your attention from start to finish.

As you can see, these are all premium cigars. All top shelf stogies, worthy of the finest humidors and the best river memories.

Again, if you like this thread please join in and have fun. If you are not a fan, please don't flame me, just shoot me a PM to let me know. This is truly about mixing things up and having a little fun, bringing smiles to winter weary faces and putting a few great cigars on rivers across the country!

Pack 1...

Pack 2...

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stogie Swap

Just wanted to let folks know that I will hold to my word and keep this swap open through tomorrow afternoon at least so folks have a chance to participate. I've received a few PM's already. Also want to mention that for sizes...I am a XL or possibly a XXL for jackets. I could use a pair of studded size 11 or 12 wading boots as well. I know a current Simms guide boot in size 11 fits me. I currently own Patagonia Rock Grips on size 11. Steelhead or Spey DVD's are also a good swap item...maybe some of the newer trout flyfishing DVD's too.

Thanks...

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stogie Swap

The two 10 packs are still available. Have worked a couple trades on smaller quantities of cigars. Maybe these offerings need to stay in the 5 pack quantity. Will probably go back to a couple 5 packs for next week's swap.

Thanks again to the folks getting involved...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts