Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Knee Deep
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,

It has been a long time since I've posted anything. I've been enjoying the flies you have been posting!!! The summer finally is over, and my little guy is back in school. Now that things have settled down I can spend a little time at the bench.

Thanks for taking a look,

Tony

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,164 Posts
Tony that is a beauty :smokin:
I see your skills are still as sharp as ever , nice to see your work again :)

Mike

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
A real beauty Tony. This is one of my favorite patterns and you've really knocked it out of the park. The slightly open tail and topping with the JC positions smack in the middle was a great choice. Love it man.

·
Knee Deep
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, thanks! I really appreciate your kind words. It's great to be at the vise again!

Kevin, I appreciate the tip on the spit. I really wanted to do just that, but refrained, thinking I might mess up the fly. Won't make that mistake again on this fly.

Take care,

Tony

·
Registered
145 Posts
Kevin,
Can you elaborate on using spit to make the tippets less wide? Do you do this before or after tying in the tippets?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Knee Deep
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scott, thanks for the link, it really helps. I think I will tie a couple for the FFC and apply lots 'o spit.:hihi:

Steve, you are welcome!

Take care,

Tony

·
Banned
690 Posts
Disclaimer...I'm a peasant...

I hate the DR and the GH...ugly is in the eye of the beholder...:Eyecrazy:

BUT HEY! NICE KNITTING MAN!

CC

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
You guys and your spit and oils and wax. Who wants a fly slathered with your DNA? :hihi: Just jesting, I like it, Tony. Tie one for the flows...you'll be surprised how prawny those tippet wings look in the water.

Adrian

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Tony.....tippet wing style is little painful handle the materials and tie but your fly looking very nice, tied to me Tony !!

Jin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts