Spey Pages banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Dragon hooks!
Supper cool, you have an abundance of skills sir!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Very cool. Your fly tying skills which have been on display recently are also very good as well. I have a few old flies tied on low water hooks which have double barbs but the barbs are on opposite sides of the hook. I think they are from Farlows or at least I think I saw them mentioned in the Farlows book. Thought this might interest you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Very cool. Your fly tying skills which have been on display recently are also very good as well. I have a few old flies tied on low water hooks which have double barbs but the barbs are on opposite sides of the hook. I think they are from Farlows or at least I think I saw them mentioned in the Farlows book. Thought this might interest you.
View attachment 383050
Thank you so much, John! I happy to see a variant of garpun hook or near that hook, but the level of burbs is different according realy garpun hooks. Thanks again, it is very useful for my understanding hook making!!!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
There was another member here making harpoon hooks, he hasn't posted in a few years. will see if I can dig him up. He was from Portland Oregon I believe.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Holly crap batman, those are insane! No, I don't that is him, I will try and remember to look it up tonight.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I agree, insane skills that are mind boggling. That being said, love the flies that you are tying! Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts