Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have a wtb for a double taper in the Classifieds, I thought I would pose the question here. What it your favorite Double Taper for dryline work?
Looking for one to fish primarily on my CND Solstice 15'2" 7/8/9 over the winter. My only thought on the subject is that a heavier line may fish/cast better at short distances as there would be more grainage to load the rod with less length...
Any thoughts, opinions welcomed.
thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
SRO has a GPS 7/8/9 DT listed as available...

I don't cast a Double Taper. But have cast a 7/8 GPS with that rod in a similar way I imagine that you would with double-taper: With a long leader simply picking-up and casting without shooting or stripping running-line. And If those DTs have similar character, then it may be something to look into.

·
Banned
571 Posts
That is exactly the right thinking...

As I have a wtb for a double taper in the Classifieds, I thought I would pose the question here. What it your favorite Double Taper for dryline work?
Looking for one to fish primarily on my CND Solstice 15'2" 7/8/9 over the winter. My only thought on the subject is that a heavier line may fish/cast better at short distances as there would be more grainage to load the rod with less length...
Any thoughts, opinions welcomed.
thanks,
Tom
I use a set of Double Taper lines for my cane two-handers. I have a set of them, sizes 8 thru 12 salmon tapers (32 m), and I use the heavier lines for shorter water. I got them from John Norris of Penrith in the UK. They have an on-line page.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Cortland has (had?) those peach coloured 444's in double taper. Back in the day (before Windcutters), that is what I used on my old Orvis 13'6" 10 wt graphite. It was a very nice line.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Double Tapers...

I have a 7/8/9 GPS DT coming from Lee at SRO. Seems like the best match for the rod and these CND lines won't be around much longer, so I went for that. We'll see how it works out this winter...
Thanks for the input so far,
Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts