Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Saturday I was using a 14' MKS and midspey 9/10 with the type 8 tip (the tip comp. not used) Anyway, I noticed my double speys were not getting the distance I wanted and changed up a bit. I tried the snake roll and pretty much had the same distance as the double spey.

One double spey I did, the line crashed at about 50 feet and then rolled the cast out to set up a single. From that point on I did the double and then immediately when the tip hit the water, I used a single to cast to the seam.

My question, for simplistic reasons, what am I doing wrong with the double spey with that heavy a tip? My anchor point seems to be within reason??? :confused:

Vinnie

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Welcome to the Perry Poke.

"One double spey I did, the line crashed at about 50 feet and then rolled the cast out to set up a single. From that point on I did the double and then immediately when the tip hit the water, I used a single to cast to the seam."

Well, at least a 'modified one.' When I screw up a 'sink tip cast' (same result as above) I'll immediately come back and re-form the D loop ala a perry poke. 95% of the time the line will just sail out pretty as you please.

A good thing. (Also a great way to recover a busted floater cast.)

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perry Poke

howdy fred...

Thanks to you a peter for replying. It never dawned on me that that would be the perry poke. :whoa:

Happy Holidays to all...

Vinnie

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sounds a little more like Falkus contrived loop than a perry poke simply due to the distance. My understanding of the PP you dump the line close not a 50'.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Dana's terminology

I believe would be a recovery cast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts