Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The shape may be obtained by tying the hooks back to back, the top one to be tied about quarter way down the shank of the end one, and gut tied tightly on each, (twisted gut of course when you form a loop)." William Blacker.

Firstly, I have done the hooks, this one have japaned and ready for tying
Vision care Eyewear Twig Font Wire
Scaled reptile Terrestrial animal Reptile Twig Font

Secondory, I have been trying to understand recommendation of Blacker.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think some of the fly creations at this time were made in an effort to try and minimize missed fish. So they added hooks at different angles to create more hooking capability in theory. I think they marketed them in this manner as well. I have a number of Norsk Lure flies from Hardy which are similar only they used double hooks rather than singles.
Wood Food Shelf Hardwood Font

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think some of the fly creations at this time were made in an effort to try and minimize missed fish. So they added hooks at different angles to create more hooking capability in theory. I think they marketed them in this manner as well. I have a number of Norsk Lure flies from Hardy which are similar only they used double hooks rather than singles.
View attachment 385277
Good examples, which are demonstrated the method of attachment hooks by thread, of course my attampt is only for understanding and doing the fly for display. Beautiful flies in yours collection, thanks for sharing, John!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts