Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I hope everyone is doing well, been very busy so I haven't been very active on the board (I still check in) or tying but I managed to knock a quick one out today.

as you know one of our better tiers here keeps going on and on and on 馃槈 about this whole tips down winging thing... Okay Matt I'm sold! Haha it did seem like a very easy wing set and I didn't feel so Mich like I was fighting nature with getting the shape... this fly is written as a mixed wing but I loosely married and brushed the tips. Thanks for looking!

Oh I am also incredibly excited about getting my first (and biggest ever) Turkey with a bow this morning! Hope a quick pic doesn't offend anyone as I feel like standing on a mountain screaming "I did it!!" ...needless to say I've worked my butt off for this guy!

Attachments

Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
Hey Bwana

Another to Poach and pilfer BAHAHAHHA

Stunning J see you and your fly box very soon

Internet Scientist
I see a lot of turkey wings in the future. With a bow, that's cool.

Registered
Classic flies and pulley bows ?:confused: I would've guessed a stick bow and two bladed Zwickeys. Only kidding Josh, congrats on the bird and nice fly tie as always.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Classic flies and pulley bows ?:confused: I would've guessed a stick bow and two bladed Zwickeys. Only kidding Josh, congrats on the bird and nice fly tie as always.
I have caught enough fish in my life I catch them on my terms... Hunting... I am not as accomplished, some day this guy will come out in the field with me!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Attachments

Registered
I have caught enough fish in my life I catch them on my terms... Hunting... I am not as accomplished, some day this guy will come out in the field with me!

Thanks for the kind words guys!
There you go, uncle Fred is smiling.
"If some of our teenage thrill seekers really want to go out and get a thrill, let them go up into the north west and tangle w a grizzly bear or a polar bear or brown bear and get that effect that will cleanse the soul "
Cleanse the soul it does. Congrats again on a fine bird. Any bow kill is something to be proud of.

Registered
A really great fly, far beyond anything that has ever come out of my vise....I have only shot a bow a few times, and my bird hunting experience is limited to grouse and woodcock, but from what I hear, getting a turkey with a bow is about as challenging as it gets. You certainly deserve to holler from that mountain top, because you reached one of the great pinnacles of the sport. A hearty congratulations to you!

Undertaker
Is that an old Herter's bow?

JaBrowning24 - I'm right there with you bro. If you manage to stick a gobbler with that old recurve (without sights) I'd bow down to you. Nice fly by the way, but I'm way more impressed by the gobbler.

Registered
Great fly, but even better job on the turkey! Congrat's on that one, brother!!

I'm a turkey hunter as well, so I know what a big accomplishment it was to pull that off! Go stand on that mountain and scream it out loud!!!!

-Bill

Administrator
Congratulations on the gobbler !! That will feed a mouth or two !!
Not to mention those lovely tail feathers and coverts !!
The blood plumes will make incredible wrapped leeches for trout :smokin:
Steelhead will go nuts for one of those blood plumes wrapped behind a collar on any Dee .... try a Balmoral this way :smokin:

I'm a big believer in the Don #3 .... your flee is perfect goodness in my books !!

Mike

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the kind words on my fly guys, even more so about the bird! Honestly it's nice to hear from people that understand the difficulty of shooting a Turkey, especially with a bow. Most people just think "oh stupid turkeys so what?" Well those bastards are good at staying alive!! Haha anyways, I appreciate it!
-josh

Registered
Great fly and congrats on the turkey.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts