Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! It has been some time since I've posted, and I have some free time, so I figured I'd post a project I spent most of Spring tying. Various Doctor patterns that were tied in hand on 3/0 Partridge Code N hooks (and repeats on 1.5 heavy Alec Jacksons) and were donated to Fly Fishing Collaborative. Not exhaustive by any means, but a good number of them. Hope these inspire some folks to tie!

Cheers!
E. Winnett

Attachments

·
Dom
3,091 Posts
Love this set. I noticed a slip of white in the wing on the Highlander. Is that your own personal touch? Never seen one built like that.

I think I like them on the N better. Never thought it would but it really does fit these patters nicely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I know what you're talking about. Its a mix between two things, 1. bad lighting, and 2. the yellow I used is somewhat pale. Those two together wash it out to make it look white.

I love the old Partridge N hooks! Not a fan of the new ones so much, but these are the old discontinued ones. I wish I had an unlimited supply! But I would agree, they look far better on the N hooks than the Alec Jackson. The Alec Jackson ones just look different.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Oh my! Hats off to you, sir for both superb tying (!) and the incredibly generous donation to FFC. The good karma generated ought to send about 10 multiple hookup days your way.

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
you're my new hero today.

I will never do what you're doing.
I can just about tie my boots in hand.

cheers,
shawn

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Really fantastic work, Evan. So glad that you are sharing the passion of tying with this community. You are the real deal, my friend.

I can't believe the strides you have made in tying classics without a vise in just 2 years (?)... astounding.

Cheers and Blessings,
Adrian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts