Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sage 10150-4 was showing some distress in the second section just below the tip section.... I could see some actual longitudinal cracks in it. I've no idea where they came from but I was certain it wasn't going to last long.

Sure enough last week it snapped when a nice hen grabbed my bug and headed downstream! I'd already got her sister an hour earlier... Perhaps she was pissed about that! You know how those girls will talk! ;) I had kinda hoped it'd happen this way as opposed to breaking when I put it together or took it down. Like the final line in the movie Legends of the Fall, "It was a good death!"

So I sent the rod in to Sage. Since they no longer make this stick I thought I'd pose this question: Does anyone know if they still have these sitting around for warranty replacements? If they don't, what do they do in such cases? I presume they'll offer a comparable model... which leads to the question... what is a comparable current model?

pescaphile

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,393 Posts
I would be surprised if they didn't fix the 10150 for you. Last Spring I broke both my 10150 and my 8150, both rods discontinued, and they fixed them up no problem.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me with a older single handed rod sage made. They informed me they no longer made the rod, and would be willing to upgrage to a newer model. My only choice was to upgrade, which cost me an extra $60.00. What I ended up with was a rod that was completely different from the rod I broke. I really miss that rod.

Henry

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sage "upgrades" broken rod to current model for $60

I've wondered for a long time whether no-fault rod warranties won't encourage some people to pull a scam of sorts: get hold of an old rod that the manufacturer no longer repairs, break it, and send it in for a much newer model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts