Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited my local tackle shop yesterday and was told that a well know company was brining out a new line that has all the characteristics of a windcutter spey line and is almost half price. The rep who supplies the shop has been sworn to secrecy over who manufactures the line for them and he just gave a little smile when asked if they were made by Rio. I dont want to cause any trouble and my local shop doesn't either as they sell both Rio products and the alternative lines. I am just curious to know if Rio make lines for some of their competitors to re badge or if it is just sales talk.
Cheers for any advice you may have on this matter.

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Yes they do. I know for a fact they make the new CND lines and also am pretty sure they make the guideline powertapers as well.

-sean

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
As far as the CND lines go we asked them if it was okay to let people know that they made it for us. They said sure and it is acknowledged on the box of the Gravity Point Spey line.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That is one of the great things about Rio, is there capability and willingness to make custom lines in relatively small numbers.

Despite that, I would bet you my entire reel collection that you can't have them make you a line, " Just like the WindCutter for half price."

If they could do that, they could sell it for half price and cut the middleman out.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
From what a gather from US and UK boards there appears to be only a small group of companies that make fly lines of any kinds. Apparently the equipment is very expensive ... especially if it's sitting idle.:saevilw:

To (way:eek: ) over simplify, you dial in the line spec's, add the coating materials you want into the 'bin,' string the core material, and push the 'on button.'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts