Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm now using DH rods for about half a year now. Just purchased a TFO 1212 and using it with a RIO Outbound WF12F/i. (thanks for your advice Jay)
I was wondering what the average casting distance(overhead) is for this combi. When set up in fishing outfit I come to a 35 m, just missing 2-3 meters untill the backing. I use the "cloink technique to straighten the leader (casting till the line cloinks into the reel)"
I hear peope talking about 45 meters but this means that you should shoot at least 30m of line, that seems a lot.

SL Andor

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hello again, hope all is well in Oosterschelde! ( What a great name, I can't even say it but it sounds great anyways!)

If I understand you correctly it sounds like you are casting all but 3m of the shooting line? This sounds pretty good to me. I can cast even the floating Outbound line right to the backing knot every time, but agree with you, that is an awful lot of shooting line to manage on the water.

I have never tried to cast more than that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not Good Enough!!!!!!!!!!

Dorretje; I suggest you keep at it until you get that extra 3 meters out,you paid for that section of line use it:chuckle: Sounds like you have it well under control,fun ain't it.:chuckle:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts