Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never lined the reel and honestly I dont know if it has really ever been fished. I am guessing it would be a good reel for probably 6 to 9wt. There is plenty of capacity on the spool to handle quite a bit of backing as well. I felt it would make an excellent spey rod reel which is why i listed it here. It would also be "perfect" just displayed in a collection which is what i have done for the last several years.

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
This reel is almost equivalent to a Hardy Perfect narrow drum trout reel 3 5/8".

The capacity will be approx 50-60 yds 20lb backing with a 6wt (30yd) trout line, and suited best for a single handed trout rod.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. I have always thought the 3 3/8 size were more of 6 wt reels which is why i put that on the low end. Dingley reels are built like tanks so it would be more important to get the rod to balance which is why i believe it would be more dependent on the rod. I can get a weight on the reel if needed.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have the same reel. It's 9.8 oz and I've fished it with a 8 weight outbound and heads 300-350. Hope that helps. Wonderful reel.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Long time no see , How you been DINGLEY lover , nice to see you over here , this is a great forum site

Your reel
Its a great reel , for a spey steelhead or salmon reel it's a little on the small side , not a wide drum , DINGLEY wide drums are more sought after for steelhead guys , if you want a single hand dry fly reel for steelhead or Atlantic salmon , this is a good one gents

If your looking for a trout spey or switch reel , this is a good one with round line guard , solid well built reel and everybit as good as a old Hardy , and just a better price

It looks so good , someone will get a good reel

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey there Rich. Thanks for the input. You know more about these dingleys than anyone and know they are true pieces of craftmanship. I really kinda hate to let this one go due to the great condition but I just decided to pass it along to someone who will put it to use like it was intended. I figured someone could put it to good use.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Dingley

I am interested in purchasing or trading a 4.25 RHW narrow perfect Dingley. I have several 4" Dingleys or or other Hardy Salmon perfects that you may want to trade for!

Yes Dutchei your correct this is fun stuff!

Cheers,

·
Registered
127 Posts
This is a beautiful reel and someone is going to get a good deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts