Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m planing on buying a new #7 singlehand rod.
It´s mostly going to be used with overhand casting.

I´ve looked at Loomis Nativerun, and T&T Helix and Horizon II.

Anybody out there using this rods?

Thanks...!

·
Registered
445 Posts
............TEGE,I have the Horizon in 8 wt. 9' and 10',it's a fast,powerful rod. Balances with my 7/8 Van Staal,or the Loop/Danielsson LW 6/9. I like the 10 footer so well I'm thinking about having one made up as a two hander. It easily casts big bass flies,I don't think steelhead flies would bother it at all. I don't know how many guys fish single-handers here,I just thought I would give you some info on the 8 wt. The 7 wt. always felt pretty similiar,just a little lighter. It's pretty hard to go wrong with a T&T!

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Helix is a softer rod with a slower action. Similar to a Sage XP. The Horizon II is a fast rod with plenty of power to spare . It's a cannon.
I was in a similar situation and got the Horizon II for the salt . Glad I did.
However, my next rod will be a Helix. I build my own rods so I save a little money in the process. Hope this helps. FishHawk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have lawn cast the T&T HII 7wt and it is a great casting rod. However, T&T seems to be in a kind of purgatory right now, since its purchase by Sharpe's. I am toldthey did not have a rep at the trade show, so I would consider the Sage Z-Axis if you are looking in that price range. T&T makes great products, I just do'nt know about there future. But, the Z-Axis is loads easily and I can cast 60+' without hauling, and I am not great. T&T does make fine rods. I have the Horizon 10wt, and I am anxious to get back out with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts